The Financial Crimes Advisory (“FCA”) Senior Manager will be exposed to an array of client Anti-Money Laundering (“AML” / Bank Secrecy Act (“BSA”) / Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) engagements. Engagements generally include:
- AML / BSA / OFAC Program Reviews such as program / policy / procedure development, gap analysis, risk assessments, training development, staffing models and Testing, Monitoring and Review (“TMR”);
- Model Risk Management such as data quality analysis, model validation, and tuning / optimization;
- Customer Reviews such as Know Your Customer (“KYC”) methodology / implementation and remediation support;
- Transaction Reviews such as Lookback planning and implementation;
- Operational Services such as building strategic frameworks for Suspicious Activity Reporting (“SAR”), Currency Transaction Reporting (“CTR”), KYC, and Watch List Management (“WLM”) programs.
In addition to the aforementioned, Senior Managers must be capable of the following:
- Demonstrating subject matter expertise in AML / BSA / OFAC, economic sanctions, cyber-crime, counter terrorist financing, bank fraud, anti-corruption, and bribery.
- Serving as engagement leader include interacting with clients and prospects as well as participating in business development.
Other types of strategy consulting may include assessing people, process, and technology (“PPT”) environments identifying strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for financial services clients. Many different engagement types exist and typically work varies from client to client and project to project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the team with integrity and create an environment where the team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily.
- Provide guidance to staff completing administrative support of FCA team functions such as client billing and reporting metrics.
- Review and provide valuable feedback to FCA team members completing administrative, research, analytical, and report writing support to client engagements.
- Interpret data sets to understand impact that data inputs and outputs contribute to client deliverables.
- Review memorandums, request lists, and other types of client correspondence.
- Participate and / or review FCA thought leadership initiatives such as white paper development and social media publishing.
- Assist AML RightSource co-sourcing operations when available.
- The Manager shall review and adhere to the terms of all firm policies during employment and applicable policy terms after employment ends. Managers facilitate compliance among firm employees with all firm policies. The Manager shall review, sign and adhere to all company acknowledgments including, but not limited to:
- Confidentiality and Security Acknowledgment Form
- Confidentiality Policy
- Company Communications & Social Media Acknowledgement Form
- Employee Policies Acknowledgment Form
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Eight or more years of financial crimes related experience (e.g.; anti-money laundering, fraud, economic sanctions, anti-corruption and bribery). Financial crime experience must be derived from at least one of the following:
- BSA/AML Compliance or Audit leadership experience with a financial institution including exposure to both programmatic and operational responsibilities;
- Government with leadership exposure to policy development, intelligence or criminal investigative activities;
- Consulting with leadership exposure to BSA/AML advisory specific work; production oriented contract work is not considered applicable.
- Four or more years of management experience.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence others
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Strong ability to work with all levels of management within the company as well as with clients served
- Excellent oral, written, critical thinking, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of laws, regulations, regulatory guidance, and rules impacting the financial services industry
- Sound understanding of compliance and operational risks and internal control frameworks
- Experience managing projects across multiple functional areas and dealing with multiple business partners
- Flexibility to switch priorities based on the needs of the company in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to grasp complex processes quickly and be able to identify risks and compensating controls
- Excellent problem solving abilities and results oriented; able to make decisions independently
- Strong analytical / research skills coupled with ability to effectively summarize findings.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Juris Doctor (JD) degree
- Ten or more years of relevant experience including four or more years of management experience.
- Applicable Industry certifications, such as Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Experience working on initiatives that require strategic planning / thinking
General Working Hours and Conditions
Core business hours are generally 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. However, this position will require work to be performed outside of normal business hours based on Company operations.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other office locations and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
AML RightSource, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected status.