The Payroll Manager is responsible for all facets of the Company’s payroll process, including paying employees, maintaining payroll records, producing standard and ad hoc payroll reports, working with third-party payroll processing vendors, complying with all payroll tax laws and reporting requirements, and partnering with Human Resources and Accounting team members.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Process semi-monthly employee payroll in an accurate and timely manner.
- Validate results from third-party payroll processing software to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Review calculation of payroll liabilities for federal, state and local income taxes as well as company’s social security, unemployment and workers compensation payments.
- Prepare periodic and ad hoc payroll reports for use in recording transactions and analyzing operations.
- Update payroll records for changes in salaries, deductions, exemptions, insurance coverage, and job titles.
- Ensure payroll procedures are in compliance with company policies and government regulations and advising management on needed actions.
- Develop and implement procedures for improving the efficiency and accuracy of payroll processing and the availability and usefulness of payroll reporting.
- Assist employees in resolving payroll issues.
- Liaise with external auditors and manage payroll tax audits.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Maintain employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Collaborate with Human Resources and Finance teams.
- Perform other accounting responsibilities, as requested or assigned by management.
- The employee shall review and adhere to the terms of all firm policies during employment and applicable policy terms after employment ends. The employee shall review, sign and adhere to all company acknowledgments including, but not limited to:
- Confidentiality and Security Acknowledgment Form
- Company Communications & Social Media Acknowledgement Form
- Employee Policies Acknowledgment Form
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Minimum of ten years’ experience processing payroll and managing payroll functions
- In-depth understanding of payroll procedures, laws, taxes, and best practices
- Substantial experience with third-party payroll and/or HRIS software, including report writing
- Attention to detail and the ability to organize complex information neatly and accurately
- Strong focus on serving internal customers
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal team members and external partners
- Ability to solve practical problems and follow written or verbal instructions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Experience with Paycom payroll system software
General Working Hours and Conditions
Normal business hours are generally 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. However this position may require work to be performed outside of normal business hours based on Company operations.
AML RightSource, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected status.