The Managing Director, Operations will provide strategic direction and leadership for critical aspects of the Company including maintaining client relationships, monitoring productivity and performance, general program operations, and overseeing internal AML teams.
This role will provide leadership within the Operations team to ensure day-to-day operations are conducted in compliance with regulatory/legal requirements and company policies and procedures. This successful person be able to effectively manage people and be able to collaborate with partners across the company in order to influence strategic decisions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Define and lead the strategic vision for the Operations team, all while leading and motivating an office of 80 – 200 analysts. Responsible for leading and optimizing the delivery of AML client relationships and services.
- Collaborate with partners to challenge the norms and improve / grow the business.
- Ensure day-to-day operations are conducted in compliance with regulatory, legal and company policy and requirements.
- Interact regularly with clients to strengthen the relationship, report results, and identify new opportunities for providing value added services.
- Oversee production and results for the office and seek opportunities for improved efficiency and streamlined processes.
- Identify top talent among the team to coach and develop into leadership roles.
- Drive solution delivery within Operations team to ensure that solutions are aligned with business objectives, regulatory expectations and industry practices.
- Oversee and direct team responsible for data analysis and manage and continuously enhance reporting to measure quality and productivity against goals.
- Oversee and direct team responsible for participating in the design and development of data analysis and quality control procedures.
- Oversee and prepare metrics to support management and board-level reports, and ensure creation of reports to assist the other functions with forecasting and operational improvements (trending, production metrics, etc.)
- Routinely examine processes to identify opportunities for continued process optimization.
- Identify and resolve risks and issues, escalating as appropriate to keep management informed of identified risks.
- Responsible for onboarding new company acquisitions to ensure regulatory coverage and the monitoring of potential suspicious activity.
- Provide production / service reporting to senior leadership and clients.
- Manage various projects.
- The Director shall review and adhere to the terms of all firm policies during employment and applicable policy terms after employment ends. Director facilitate compliance among firm employees with all firm policies. The Director shall review, sign and adhere to all company acknowledgments including, but not limited to:
- Confidentiality and Security Acknowledgment Form
- Confidentiality Policy
- Company Communications & Social Media Acknowledgement Form
- Employee Policies Acknowledgment Form
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Bachelor’s degree level of education or higher in accounting, finance, business or related field.
- Ten or more years of relevant professional experience or a combination of experience including consulting, operations management and banking with large complex companies.
- Very strong subject matter expertise in Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) / or Anti-Money Laundering (AML).
- Proven managerial and leadership experience.
- Very strong entrepreneurial spirit – highly collaborative, able to express ideas readily, manage change fluidly, able to influence and identify opportunities.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to influence others and initiate complex, strategic change.
- Ability to respond quickly to a changing environment.
- Ability to identify areas for continuous improvement and make recommendations and/or implement.
- Independent decision making and ability to clearly articulate decisions to a broad audience.
- Highly motivated with a positive outlook and the ability to demonstrate a professional demeanor at all times.
- Strong management skills and demonstrated ability to develop employees.
- Twelve or more years of relevant experience
- Master’s Degree in business administration or related field
- CAMS Certification
- Prior client relationship development experience
General Working Hours and Conditions
Core business hours are generally 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. However this position will require work to be performed outside of normal business hours based on Company operations. Travel required to and from office locations, client sites and conferences.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other office locations and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
AML RightSource, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected status.