The Human Resources Business Partner provides strategic human resources support and counsel to management and employees at AML RightSource as part of the overall objective of increasing employee engagement, corporate performance and retention.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary duties include coordinating general orientations, managing employee benefit programs, delivering training, providing assistance regarding policies and procedures, communicating HR services, coordinating employee recognition events and carrying out projects and other duties as assigned. The HR Business partner will also be responsible for assisting with recruitment, interviewing and orientating new employees.
Employee Benefit Management
- Responsible for all aspects of new hire benefit enrollment and orientation; including preparing benefit materials and managing completed elections from employees.
- Coordinates employee benefit and on-boarding sessions and provides advice and problem resolutions to employees regarding employee benefits issues.
- Facilitates employee claim issues and problem resolutions with vendors. Serves as primary liaison with third party administration of COBRA and Unemployment.
- Assists in benefit communication including educational and required compliance notices.
- Manages, communicates and tracks FMLA leaves.
- Files, coordinates and monitors unemployment claims.
Policy and Compliance
- Advises both employees and management regarding policies and procedures. Monitors annual compliance activities including employment law notice requirements.
- Conducts periodic audits of various Human Resources processes to ensure adherence to policies and procedures. Report findings and makes recommendations for corrective actions to Vice President of Human Resources as appropriate.
- Undertakes analysis and research into policy and procedure issues and participates as appropriate in the development or revision of policy and procedures.
- Analyzes and prepares recommendations to Vice President of Human Resources on specific policy-related issues, as appropriate.
Talent Acquisition & Management
- Collaborates with the Human Resources and Operations teams and serves as an initial point of consultation, problem resolution, and facilitation in the areas of talent management.
- Advises hiring managers with respect to recruitment strategies, candidate screenings and applicant pool development.
- Monitors, verifies, and authorizes routine personnel actions and requests pertaining to existing employees and new hires, in accordance with established policies, employment process procedures, and guidelines.
- Inputs and maintains employee information in the Applicant Tracking Systems / HRIS and creates and maintain new employment files. Monitors and reports Applicant Tracking System / HRIS issues to vendor.
- Ensures pre-employment background checks are efficiently processed, reviewed and cleared and hiring managers are notified regarding the status.
- Prepares offer letters and maintains job descriptions.
- Serves at liaison between the Company and outside vendors regarding employee verification.
Employee Training, Recognition & Engagement
- Responsible for logistics and execution of employee recognition programs and events within designated budgets. Plans other events as needed.
- Responsible for coordinating and scheduling HR training sessions. Assembles training materials such as agendas, handouts and surveys. Tracks attendance for each program session and participates in training where appropriate. Send out evaluations to attendees after each training session and track the results.
- Develops and delivers general training presentations regarding employee benefits, orientations and other HR programs.
- The employee shall review and adhere to the terms of all firm policies during employment and applicable policy terms after employment ends. The employee shall review, sign and adhere to all company acknowledgments including, but not limited to:
o Confidentiality and Security Acknowledgment Form
o Confidentiality Policy
o Company Communications & Social Media Acknowledgement Form
o Employee Policies Acknowledgment Form
o Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related field.
- One or more year of experience either working at the Company or a HR related experience that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the duties listed in the job description.
- Proven responsibility in maintaining confidentiality regarding sensitive employee records.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to extract and analyze complex data, define and solve problems.
- Confidence in delivering training presentations.
- Attention to detail in coordinating and leading events.
- Ability to learn and utilize HRIS and applicant tracking systems.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office products and ability to coordinate schedules using Outlook.
- Two or more years of Human Resources related experience.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business or Public Administration or related field.
- Basic knowledge of the functional HR areas, specifically recruitment and employee benefits.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Professional Certification in Human Resources (i.e. ERC HR University, PHR, SPHR, CP, SCP and/or HR Project Management certification.
General Working Hours and Conditions
Core business hours are generally 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. However this position will require work to be performed outside of normal business hours based on Company operations.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other office locations and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
AML RightSource, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected status.