The Human Resources Administrator provides support to the Human Resources team, management and employees at AML RightSource as part of the overall objective of increasing employee engagement, corporate performance and retention. Primary duties include coordinating general orientations, assisting with employee benefit communications, providing general assistance regarding policies and procedures, communicating HR services, coordinating employee recognition events and carrying out special projects. This position is located in Buffalo, New York.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in managing employee’s schedules, including paid-time-off requests and troubleshooting scheduling and system conflicts when they arise.
- Responsible for developing intra-office communications upon request.
- Assume responsibility for maintenance of office equipment, including computers, phones, copy machines and fax machines.
- Greet visitors and monitor visitor access.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory control, ordering supplies, and processing deliveries.
- Manage maintenance requests, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, routine bills, and errands.
- Manage schedules, calendars and appointments including organizing and scheduling meetings as necessary.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel, including flight, hotel and car rental reservations upon request.
- Lead communications and provide logistics, directions, and general support for all office visitors.
- Actively participate in the planning and execution of company events.
- Assist human resources team by contributing to various projects and keeping management properly informed.
- Ensure security, integrity, and confidentiality of data.
- Responsible for coordinating new hire orientations.
- Facilitates employee claim issues and problem resolutions with vendors. Serves as primary contact.
- Files, coordinates, and monitors unemployment claims.
- Provides guidance to employees regarding policies and procedures. Monitors employment law notice posting requirements.
- Conducts periodic audits of various Human Resources processes to ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
- Monitors, verifies, and authorizes routine personnel actions and requests pertaining to existing employees and new hires, in accordance with established policies, employment process procedures, and guidelines.
- Inputs and maintains employee information in the Applicant Tracking Systems / HRIS and creates and maintain new employment files.
- Ensures pre-employment background checks are efficiently processed, reviewed and cleared.
- Prepares offer letters and other correspondence upon request.
- Serves at liaison between the Company and outside vendors.
- Responsible for logistics and execution of employee recognition programs and events. Plans other events as needed.
- Responsible for coordinating and scheduling HR training sessions. Assembles training materials such as agendas, handouts and surveys. Tracks attendance for each program session. Send out evaluations to attendees after each training session and track the results.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- The employee shall review and adhere to the terms of all firm policies during employment and applicable policy terms after employment ends. The employee shall review, sign and adhere to all company acknowledgments including, but not limited to:
- Confidentiality and Security Acknowledgment Form
- Confidentiality Policy
- Company Communications & Social Media Acknowledgement Form
- Employee Policies Acknowledgment Form
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Bachelor’s Degree
- One or more year(s) of experience either working at the Company or a related experience that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the duties listed in the job description.
- Proven responsibility in maintaining confidentiality regarding sensitive employee records.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to extract and analyze data and solve problems.
- Attention to detail in coordinating events.
- Abilitiy to learn and utilize HRIS, payroll and applicant tracking systems.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office products and ability to coordinate schedules using Outlook.
- Two or more years of Office Manager, Administrative Assistant or entry level Human Resources related experience.
- Basic knowledge of the functional HR areas, specifically recruitment and employee benefits.
- General knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Experience in using Paycom.
General Working Hours and Conditions
Core business hours are generally 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. However this position will require work to be performed outside of normal business hours based on Company operations.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other office locations and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
AML RightSource, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected status.