The Financial Crimes Advisory (“FCA”) Associate will be exposed to an array of client Anti-Money Laundering (“AML” / Bank Secrecy Act (“BSA”) / Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) engagements. Engagements generally include:
- AML / BSA / OFAC Program Reviews such as program / policy / procedure development, gap analysis, risk assessments, training development, staffing models and Testing, Monitoring and Review (“TMR”);
- Model Risk Management such as data quality analysis, model validation, and tuning / optimization;
- Customer Reviews such as Know Your Customer (“KYC”) methodology / implementation and remediation support;
- Transaction Reviews such as Lookback planning and implementation;
- Operational Services such as building strategic frameworks for Suspicious Activity Reporting (“SAR”), Currency Transaction Reporting (“CTR”), KYC, and Watch List Management (“WLM”) programs.
Other types of strategy consulting may include assessing people, process, and technology (“PPT”) environments identifying strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for financial services clients. Many different engagement types exist and typically work varies from client to client and project to project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze transactional and customer data sets to identify trends, gaps, inconsistencies, errors, etc.;
- Access AML and Sanctions monitoring systems to identify rules, scenarios, parameters, thresholds, etc., and evaluate those systems against risk assessments and high risk documentation;
- Organize massive data sets, build data repositories, and extract data for further exploitation;
- Complete statistical analysis of data sets to justify recommended courses of action such as system threshold settings;
- Draft memorandums, request lists, and other types of client correspondence;
- Participate in thought leadership initiatives such as white paper development and social media publishing;
- Assist AML RightSource co-sourcing operations when available;
- The employee shall review and adhere to the terms of all firm policies during employment and applicable policy terms after employment ends. The employee shall review, sign and adhere to all company acknowledgments including, but not limited to:
- Confidentiality and Security Acknowledgment Form
- Confidentiality Policy
- Company Communications & Social Media Acknowledgement Form
- Employee Policies Acknowledgment Form
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Bachelor Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field
- Two or more years of financial crimes related experience (e.g.; anti-money laundering, fraud, economic sanctions, anti-corruption and bribery). Experience may qualify from government, industry, and/or consulting.
- Proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, macros, v-lookup)
- Ability to communicate complex technical results to non-quantitative audience
- Experience with AML / BSA model risk including quantitative testing (above-the-line, below-the-line)
- Master’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field
- Three or more years of relevant financial crimes related experience
- Demonstrated statistical programming and data management skills (Python, R VBA, SQL)
- Experience with Machine Learning and other statistical modeling techniques
- Advanced Degree such as Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field One of the following relevant certification (CAMS, CFCS, CFE, CAFP, CIA).
General Working Hours and Conditions
Core business hours are generally 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. However, this position will require work to be performed outside of normal business hours based on Company operations.
AML RightSource, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected status.