The Desktop Support Specialist is primarily responsible for the day to day deployment, support and problem resolution of end-user computing devices such as PC’s, Laptops and Tablets. This includes hardware and software provisioning, troubleshooting and reporting.
This position will be located in our Buffalo New York office, but will also be responsible for supporting our office in Mississauga, Ontario Canada. The successful candidate must be able and willing to travel between both offices upon request.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Setup, deploy and maintain networked workstations, peripherals, and telephony within the organizations office locations. Maintain an accurate and detailed inventory and maintenance history of all software and equipment assets. Update computer assets in appropriate repositories such as Active Directory.
- Research and troubleshoot end-user issues with computers, printers, software and operating systems. Record all work in a ticket tracking system. Create and utilize documentation for common issues. Provide ad-hoc training, where appropriate.
- Provide regular support, maintenance, and configuration of audio, video, overhead projectors, large flat screens and other systems in public areas, event spaces, and conference rooms. Document operations of these systems. Coordinate with vendors on upgrades and repairs.
- Coordinate the technical system set-ups for external and internal client events in the centers. Provide technical support during special events. Consult with clients and staff about capabilities during the event planning process.
- Perform troubleshooting of network and wireless equipment.
- Assist with the maintenance and operation of enterprise and hosted systems operated or used by the organization. This includes MS Exchange, Active Directory, Etc.
- Stay informed about regular updates and new developments related to supported hardware and software systems. Make recommendations for operational improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness or to reduce costs.
- Responsible for after-hours emergency support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The employee shall review and adhere to the terms of all firm policies during employment and applicable policy terms after employment ends. The employee shall review, sign and adhere to all company acknowledgments including, but not limited to:
o Confidentiality and Security Acknowledgment Form
o Confidentiality Policy
o Company Communications & Social Media Acknowledgement Form
o Employee Policies Acknowledgment Form
o Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum three years supporting a variety of software/hardware products and working in a Microsoft enterprise environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Office, Networking, Remote Access/VPN, Virus/Malware Protection and Removal, Printers.
- Excellent ability to troubleshoot and repair computer hardware, software and peripherals.
- Ability to document and escalate incident tickets.
- Experience supporting local and remote users.
- Professional and positive attitude and a willingness to constantly learn.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Rebuilding and configuring Desktops/Laptops and thin clients.
- Installing network printers.
- Network Protocols, Active Directory, Outlook/Exchange, VOIP and Terminal Servers.
- Ability to travel between Buffalo, NY and Mississauga, Ontario Canada
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Five or more years supporting a variety of software/hardware products and working in a Microsoft enterprise environment.
General Working Hours and Conditions
Core business hours are generally 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. However this position will require work to be performed outside of normal business hours based on Company operations.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other office locations and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
AML RightSource, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected status.