The Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Manager will oversee day to day operations and performance management for a team of AML Analysts, Senior Analysts, and Associate Managers. The role works closely with other managers and team leads across the Company and must be business savvy. A candidate with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and operations management experience will thrive in this role. This position is located in the Greater Toronto Area.
The AML Manger will be involved in hiring and recruiting talent, and will be responsible for managing various client engagements. This includes overseeing the effective quality control of assessments conducted on alert investigations, case investigations, and general AML reviews, as well as Suspicious Transaction Reporting to FINTRAC. The AML Manager will serve as a subject matter expert in all areas of AML. Knowledge of Canadian AML laws and regulations is a key component to achieving success.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing a team of up to 25 analysts
- Recruiting, hiring, training, and leading talent
- Identifying and recognizing top talent among the team. Coaching and developing potential leaders into supervisory roles
- Interacting regularly with major clients to strengthen the partnership, report results, and identify new opportunities for services provided
- Overseeing the team's production and quality results, seeking opportunities for improved efficiency and streamlined processes
- Providing production / service reporting to senior leadership and clients
- Project management, including real-time forecasting for human capital needs and client engagement completion timelines
- Working directly with partnership team to develop subject matter expertise and expand advisory services and consulting opportunities with clients
- Travelling (about 10%) for client visits and trade shows
- Collaborating with Partners to challenge the norms and improve / grow the business
- A minimum of 4 years of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) experience with a Bachelor’s degree and CAMS Certification; OR, a minimum of 5 years of AML experience with an Associate’s Degree and CAMS Certification
- Fluent in verbal and written communication of the French language
- A minimum of 4 years of managerial / leadership experience with proven decision-making skills and successful results
- A deep understanding of Anti-Money Laundering principles and subject matter expertise in Canadian AML issues
- A general understanding of the differences between US and Canadian banking and compliance regulations
- In lieu of subject matter expertise in Canadian AML laws, candidates will be considered if they possess one of the following:
- Strong operations management experience in financial services, OR
- Experience in public accounting or consulting, handling engagements with large, complex client companies.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to analyze and interpret large data sets
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and as part of a team, establishing cooperative and collaborative working relationships
- Ability to lead projects, develop timelines, coordinate project teams, and implement action items during the life of a project
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders and other external constituencies to achieve goals
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Master’s Degree in Business or related field
- Thorough knowledge of the banking industry and related laws and regulations
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, highly collaborative, able to express ideas readily, manage change fluidly, and able to influence and identify opportunities
General Working Hours and Conditions
Core business hours are generally 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. However this position will require work to be performed outside of normal business hours based on Company operations. 10% – 20% travel between the United States and Canada.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other office locations and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
AML RightSource, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected status.