Human Resources Business Partner
The Human Resources Business Partner provides strategic human resources support and counsel to management and employees at AML RightSource as part of the overall objective of increasing employee engagement, performance and retention.
Primary duties include interviewing and assisting with the recruitment, hiring and orientation of new employees and managing employee benefit programs. The HR Business Partner will also coordinate general orientations, deliver training, provide assistance regarding policies and procedures, communicate HR services, coordinate employee recognition events and carry out other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
Talent Acquisition & Management
- Collaborates with the Director of Recruiting and serves as an initial point of consultation, problem resolution, and facilitation in the areas of talent management and employee benefits.
- Works with the Director of Recruiting to advise hiring managers with respect to recruitment strategies, candidate screenings and applicant pool development.
- Monitors, verifies, and authorizes routine personnel actions and requests pertaining to existing employees and new hires, in accordance with established policies, employment process procedures, and guidelines.
- Inputs and maintains employee information in the Applicant Tracking Systems / HRIS and creates and maintain new employment files. Monitors and reports Applicant Tracking System / HRIS issues to vendor.
- Ensures pre-employment background checks are efficiently processed, reviewed and cleared and hiring managers are notified regarding the status.
- Prepare offer letters and maintains job descriptions.
- Serves at liaison between the Company and outside vendors regarding employee verifications.
Employee Benefit Management
- Responsible for all aspects of new hire benefit enrollment and orientation; including preparing benefit materials and managing completed elections from employees.
- Coordinates employee benefit and onboarding sessions and provides advice and problem resolutions to employees regarding employee benefits issues.
- Facilitates employee claim issues and problem resolutions with vendors. Serves as primary liaison with third party administration of COBRA and Unemployment.
- Assists in benefit communication including educational and required compliance notices.
- Manages, communicates and tracks FMLA leaves.
- Coordinates unemployment claims with the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services.
Policy and Compliance
- Advises both employees and management regarding policies and procedures.Monitors annual compliance activities including employment law notice requirements.
- Conducts periodic audits of various Human Resources processes to ensure adherence to policies and procedures. Report findings and makes recommendations for corrective actions to Vice President of Human Resources as appropriate.
- Undertakes analysis and research into policy and procedure issues and participates as appropriate in the development or revision of policy and procedures.
- Analyzes and prepares recommendations to Vice President of Human Resources on specific policy-related issues, as appropriate.
Employee Training, Recognition & Engagement
- Responsible for logistics and execution of employee recognition programs and events within designated budgets. Plans other events as needed.
- Responsible for coordinating and scheduling HR training sessions. Assembles training materials such as agendas, handouts and surveys. Tracks attendance for each program session and participates in training where appropriate. Send out evaluations to attendees after each training session and track the results.
- Develops and delivers general training presentations regarding employee benefits, orientations and other HR programs.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related field.
- One or more year of relevant experience in Human Resources that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the duties listed in the job description.
- Proven responsibility in maintaining confidentiality regarding sensitive employee records.
- Basic knowledge of the functional HR areas, specifically recruitment and employee benefits.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgements on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to extract and analyze complex data, define and solve problems.
- Confidence in deliver training presentations.
- Attention to detail in coordinating and lead events.
- Ability to learn and utilize HRIS and applicant tracking systems. Proficient using Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to coordinate schedules using Outlook.
- Three or more years of Human Resources related experience.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business or Public Administration or related field.
- Professional Certification in Human Resources (i.e. ERC HR University, PHR, SPHR, CP, SCP and/or HR Project Management certification.
Normal Working Hours and Conditions
Core business hours are generally 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. However this position will require work to be performed outside of normal business hours based on Company operations.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other office locations and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
AML RightSource, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected status.